IHOP® Reveals Plans to Debut flip’d by IHOP, a New Fast Casual Concept Launching Summer 2021
The First flip’d by IHOP℠ Restaurant is Expected to Open in New York City This Summer with Three Other Locations Planned for This Calendar Year
flip’d by IHOP Will Feature an All-Day Menu Inspired by IHOP Favorites with a Primary Focus on Fresh and Quality Ingredients, To-Go, Delivery and Technology
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210520005372/en/
IHOP reveals plans to debut flip'd by IHOP, a new fast casual concept to launch summer 2021 (Photo: Business Wire)
The first flip’d location is currently scheduled to open in
“Since we originally announced flip’d in 2019, a lot has changed. We wanted to ensure that we were evolving the concept to meet our guests’ needs,” said
“Even though the footprints of these initial flip’d locations will vary during this pilot phase, what will remain consistent is our emphasis on quality, speed, to-go and delivery, all with the crave-worthy food that has been a hallmark of the IHOP brand for more than six decades,” continued Johns.
flip’d will feature an all-day menu that borrows inspiration from iconic IHOP favorites, which serves as the foundation for this innovative approach. The new menu features quality ingredients, is freshly prepared items and is designed to be enjoyed alongside fresh juices and espresso beverages. The menu will feature reimagined breakfast classics like Pancake Bowls and Egg Sandwiches; as well as more PM-centric options including Burritos & Bowls, Steakburgers and Chicken Sandwiches.
flip’d by IHOP is different than the traditional sit-down experience guests have come to expect and enjoy at IHOP for more than 60 years. Upon entering flip’d, visitors can order from a digital kiosk or directly at the counter. Guests will also be able to order their food online in advance and pick-up their items from a designated to-go area or have it delivered.
Other items on the flip’d by IHOP menu include:
- Signature Pancake Bowls including the flip’d Original featuring IHOP’s world-famous Buttermilk Pancakes with whipped real butter and a variety of mix-ins; and the Strawberry Banana with banana pancakes, fresh strawberries, bananas and whipped topping
- Build Your Own Signature Pancake Bowls with a choice of fresh flipped pancakes, steel-cut oatmeal or vanilla Greek yogurt as a base; and a variety of mix-ins and toppings from the Top It Off! bar, such as fresh blueberries and strawberries; fruit compotes; chocolate chips and sprinkles; caramel sauce and more
- Egg Combos with choice of breakfast meats
- Assortment of Egg Sandwiches made with eggs your way and premium toppings on a toasted Brioche bun
- A variety of made-to-order Burritos and Bowls designed for all hours of the day, with options like The Garden with scrambled eggs, cheesy crispy potatoes, baby arugula & spinach, sautéed mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, sliced avocado and avocado cream; or The Late Night with diced Black Angus Steakburger over cheesy French fries, topped with Jack & Cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, roasted tomatoes, pickles & IHOP sauce
Ultimate Sandwiches with choice of all-natural Black Angus Steakburger, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken, or Grilled
- Fresh pressed orange juice and signature coffee brews, including nitro cold brew and specialty espresso beverages
- Grab-and-go salads and wraps, freshly baked goods and more
flip’d by IHOP is one piece of IHOP’s larger strategic growth and development plan for 2021, as the legacy brand looks to reach more guests through four development platforms, including traditional IHOP locations, non-traditional IHOP locations, smaller format locations and this new fast casual concept. Currently, there are more than 1,600 IHOP restaurants in the
For more than 62 years, IHOP has been a leader, innovator and expert in all things breakfast, any time of day. The chain offers 65 different signature, fresh, made-to-order breakfast options, a wide selection of popular lunch and dinner items, including Ultimate Steakburgers. IHOP restaurants offer guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of
Statements contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause actual results to be materially different from those expressed or implied in such statements. You can identify these forward-looking statements by words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “goal” and other similar expressions. You should consider our forward-looking statements in light of the risks discussed under the heading “Risk Factors,” as well as our consolidated financial statements, related notes, and the other financial information appearing elsewhere in our most recent Form 10-K filed with the
+ 1 561-881-4683