IHOP® Announces Plans to Debut Flip’d™, a New Fast Casual Concept in Spring 2020
Flip’d by IHOP™ Will Feature an All-Day Menu Inspired by IHOP Favorites with a Heavy Focus on Freshness, To-Go, Delivery and Technology as the Brand Looks to Accelerate Growth Across the United States
The First Flip’d Restaurant is Expected to Open in
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191211005134/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
“In looking at what exists today in terms of fresh, fast menu options -- particularly at breakfast -- there’s still tremendous opportunity for growth,” said
The Flip’d by IHOP menu will borrow inspiration from iconic IHOP favorites – including the brand’s world-famous Buttermilk pancakes – but put a unique twist on flavors and portability in a way that only IHOP can. For example: Pancake Bowls, with made-to-order pancakes served in a bowl to enjoy on the go and finished with toppings like fresh berries and sauces or savory ingredients including scrambled eggs, Hickory Smoked bacon pieces and Jack and cheddar cheeses.
“Today, millions of Americans are settling for sub-par breakfast foods that are either microwaved or have been sitting under a heat lamp because they’re forced to grab something while at their usual coffee spot,” continued Johns. “With Flip’d by IHOP, guests don’t have to compromise – now they can get freshly-made, all-day menu items like Pancake Bowls and Egg Sandwiches along with a hand-crafted espresso beverage for a good price and in a matter of minutes.”
Other items on the Flip’d by IHOP menu include:
- A Build Your Own Pancake Bar with a choice of made-in-house pancakes or oatmeal as a base and a variety of mix-ins and toppings from the Top It Off bar, such as fresh blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple; fruit compotes; chocolate chips; caramel sauce and more
- Egg combos with choice of breakfast meats and an assortment of Egg Sandwiches made with two scrambled eggs and premium toppings on a toasted Brioche bun
- A variety of made-to-order breakfast burritos and bowls with options like the Bacon Temptation with two eggs, hickory-smoked bacon, roasted tomatoes and queso over crispy breakfast potatoes, or The Garden with baby arugula, sautéed mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and avocado cream sauce over crispy breakfast potatoes.
- Ultimate Sandwiches with choice of an all-natural Black Angus Steakburger, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken from all-natural breast meat, or grilled chicken breast.
- Freshly-squeezed orange juice, Signature Coffee Brews, including Nitro and specialty espresso beverages
- Grab-and-go salads and wraps, freshly-baked goods and more
Flip’d by IHOP is different than the sit-down experience guests have come to expect and enjoy at IHOP for more than 60 years. Upon entering Flip’d, visitors can order from a digital kiosk or directly at the counter. Guests will also be able to order their food online in advance and pick-up their items from a designated to-go area or have it delivered. Catering will also be available with guests choosing large servings of Build Your Own Pancake Bowls, breakfast sandwiches, a Burger Bar and more.
New restaurant development is one of three key strategic initiatives in IHOP’s aggressive growth plan, which also includes to-go and lunch/dinner expansion as major areas of focus. Currently there are more than 1,700 IHOP restaurants in the U.S. and another 100+ IHOP restaurants globally. Flip’d by IHOP will be a stand-alone brand within the IHOP portfolio.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES, LLC
For over 61 years, IHOP has been a leader, innovator and expert in all things breakfast, any time of day. The chain offers 65 different signature, fresh, made-to-order breakfast options, a wide selection of popular lunch and dinner items, including Ultimate Steakburgers. IHOP restaurants offer guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of
Statements contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause actual results to be materially different from those expressed or implied in such statements. You can identify these forward-looking statements by words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “goal” and other similar expressions. You should consider our forward-looking statements in light of the risks discussed under the heading “Risk Factors,” as well as our consolidated financial statements, related notes, and the other financial information appearing elsewhere in our most recent Form 10-K filed with the
+ 1 859 913-6501